So many gamers have complained that they are unable to launch Call Of Duty: Warzone, each time they try they get the “an error has occurred while launching the game warzone”. There are numerous reasons for this error, and in this article we will be discussing fixing solutions to eliminate the error.
Causes of “an error has occurred while launching Game Warzone” error message
A lot of users reported the error message started appearing after they updated their game so the error is pointing to a bug within the game.
Other reasons for this error include:
- Insufficient permissions.
- Corrupted gme files.
- Server Outage.
- The problem is also related to the launcher for most users. Some users can launch the game without the dedicated launcher, while some have different launch options which can trigger the error.
How to fix “an error has occurred while launching Game Warzone”
#1. Run Warzone as an Administrator
This is the first solution on our list because this is a launch error. Run the game as an administrator, to gain easy access and bypass such errors. Sometimes games fail to launch because a third party is interfering with it or there is a third party process in the background preventing it from launching, for example, an antivirus.
Some of these processes cause the error, so running the game as an administrator will help you bypass these errors. Background processes will not interfere with the game when you run as an administrator.
- Go to the WarZone 2 icon, and Right-click on it.
- Click on Properties, and move to the compatibility tab.
- Click on the checkbox that reads, “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on the “Apply” button, and close the window.
- Relaunch the game.
- Select the Show in Explorer option to reveal Warzone Game Options.
- open up a File Explorer window, then open up the Call of Duty: Warzone folder.
- Look for the .exe file in the folder.
- Right click on .exe file.
- Choose the Run as administrator from the menu that appears.
#2. Restart your router
Sometimes this error is network-related. There can be issues with connectivity,making it hard for the game to launch easily. If you experience the error message: “An error has occurred while launching the game”, and you noticed the developers have not reported any issue/fix, then the best possible fix is rebooting your router.
#3. Change game region
Another thing that can help you to resolve the error is to change the region from where you are playing the game. A lot of users have reported that they were able to resolve the issue by simply changing the game region. When you change the region. You will receive a new update, install it and relaunch the game.
Also, you can change the server region as well. It might work for you.
- Open the Battle.net client on your system.
- Navigate to Warzone.
- Click on the globe icon that is provided above the Play button to change the game region.
#4. Remove other launch options
As pointed out earlier, the issue might be caused due to the launch options that you have provided. The launch options or command line allow you to change some features in the game, for example you can have other launch options. These features are great and helpful sometimes, but most times errors like this arise from using these features.
Therefore, if that is the case, remove those launch options to see if that fixes the problem for you. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Battle.net client.
- Switch to the Warzone tab.
- Click on the gear icon close to the Play button.
Another option is:
- Select Game Settings option from the menu bar.
- Then select Warzone Game Options.
- Ensure the bar under Additional command line arguments is empty.
- First Delete the argument in the box.
- Proceed to uncheck the Additional command line arguments option.
- Click Done to save the new changes.
#5. Scan and repair Warzone
If some game files get corrupted or missing, you may encounter this error as well. Therefore you have to scan and repair these files to fix this error, by:
- Go to Warzone in Battle.net.
- click the Options icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Clickon Begin Repair to start the process.
- Relaunch the game after this.
If it is on Steam, you have to verify game files:
- Launch Steam and scroll to the Library menu.
- Search and select Project Zomboid by right-clicking on it.
- Click on properties.
- Move to local files.
- Select verify the integrity of the game files.
- Restart PC after the verification is complete.
- Try again and see if the error persists.
#6. Delete cache files
Corrupt cache files can be the cause of “an error has occurred while launching the game warzone”. Therefore, you have to clear your cache files, then try launching the game again and see if there is an improvement.
- Pressing Windows + R will open the Run dialog.
- From there type in %localappdata% in the text box, press Enter.
- Find the Battle.net folder.
- Right-click them and select Delete to clear the files inside the two folders.
- Open Steam app.
- Navigate to the Steam menu bar.
- Select Settings OR Preferences if its on Mac.
- Select Downloads from the Settings/Preferences sidebar menu.
- Click the Clear Download Cache button.
#7. Change game folder
Another option is to change the installation directory of the game. A lot of users who experienced the same ‘an error has occurred while launching the game warzone’ have attested to the fact that changing the game installation directory has helped them fix the issue. Therefore you too can change the game installation directory on your PC and see if the error message disappears.
Other alternatives include:
- Reinstall the game: This helps to repair the corrupted files.
- Check the server status to see if there are outages. If there are, wait for it to be fixed.
#8. Contact Activision support
Reach out to the Activision support team for help on how to fix the problem if it goes beyond your capacity. The website also provides some helpful tips that can help you try to navigate any problems and errors.
Hopefully these few methods will help you fix the “an error has occurred while launching the game warzone” error trying to launch COD Warzone.
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 2 years+ I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.