Spaghetti squash is an excellent diet, and if properly made is delicious too. It also goes beyond the taste, it is a nutritious vegetable that is significantly high on Fibre but low in carbs. Spaghetti squash could be enjoyed just like regular pasta and served with meatballs or sauce. But how can this amazing dish be cooked easily, is usually the question on many interested people’s mind. Let’s guide you through our easy process. Note, if you are looking for a meal with low carbs, spaghetti squash is your go-to dish.
To cook an appetizing spaghetti squash you will need a couple of ingredients and a few magical recipes.
Note: Every meal have a particular number of persons in view it needs to serve, so your spaghetti squash will depend on your audience. Averagely, the below spaghetti squash ingredient should serve at least two persons as a main dish.
- A medium sized spaghetti squash
- Sea or Kosher salt
- 1 table spoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Grinded pepper (preferably black)
Below, is a step-to-step guide on how to cook spaghetti squash easily without duress, try it out.
- First: Wash and slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds afterwards.
- Next, drizzle moderately with olive oil the just sliced insides of the spaghetti squash and sprinkle with sea or Kosher salt and black pepper, be careful not to add too much olive oil to avoid it being watery.
- Cut side down on a baking sheet use a fork to poke a few holes into the squash’s skin.
- Next, place it into a pre-heated oven that is not less than 400° F and allow it for at least 35 minutes or 40 at max, to avoid it being too tender or mushy. Though, the timing will vary with the size of your squash and the heat of your oven. It can also vary from squash to squash, so be sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Remove from the oven when timing elapsed and allow to cool, flip the squash so that it’s cut side up and use the fork to scrape off strands into bowl.
- You may want to add more pepper or salt based on your choice of taste.
- Serve out as a simple dish or as a pair into a pasta. Your spaghetti squash is ready to be enjoyed.