Grand theft auto 5 (GTA 5) is an online action – adventure game developed by Rockstar North. In the fifth edition, it follows the fictional story of robber Michael De Santa, Franklin Clinton a street gangster, and a drug dealer Trevor Philips.
These three main characters attempt to run heists under immense pressure from powerful criminals and corrupt government agency. The characters are the protagonists in the game , which means the game can be played from any of the protagonist’s point of view.
While playing the game, players choose between Franklin, Michael and Trevor. You can switch between these characters in the game on your PlayStation, Xbox or if you’re playing from your personal computer.
How To Switch Characters In GTA 5 PS4
- First, hold the Down button on the D-pad which opens the character switch dial
- Use the right analog stick to choose between any of the characters; Franklin, Michael, or Trevor
- The let go of the Down button when you have selected your desired character on the dial.
How To Switch Characters In GTA 5 Xbox
Switching characters on Xbox is pretty much the same as switching on your PlayStation 4;
- Hold the Down button on your D-pad, the characters switch dial will open
- Use the right analog stick to choose the character you want
- Players can then let go of the Down button after they have selected a character by highlighting it on the dial.
How To Switch Characters In GTA 5 On Your PC
Switching characters on your PC is different,since there is no game pad you have to use the keyboard or mouse.
- Hold the ALT button to open character switch dial
- Use directional keys or the mouse to select your preferred character
- Releasing the ALT key with the desired character already selected, picks the protagonist and that will be the character you see in your game.
How to switch characters in GTA 5 if you are playing online
Grand theft auto can also be played online, here’s how to switch characters if you’re playing GTA online;
- Activate game pause menu while you’re playing with one of the characters
- Select online tab
- Go to swap characters
- Confirm you want to quit mission when prompted
- Then use directional keys to select character you will like to switch to
One beautiful thing about switching characters in GTA 5 is that you get to experience the story from the point of view of the different protagonists. Multiple protagonists gives the game an interesting twist, so players can decide to switch to any character at any time to enjoy the ride.
Players control the characters through single players but you can switch. You can play from the first person point of view or third person point of view. Navigate the world of grand theft auto on foot or with a vehicle.
When you switch to a character, the camera moves to where the character is at the moment.
About Characters In GTA 5
Characters in GTA 5 have a backstory and a personality that sets them apart and makes them unique. Every character in this game has special abilities that sets them apart and these special abilities compliments their different personalities.
Michael is going through a mid life crisis, Franklin wants to move up in life and Trevor is just being Trevor. You have to play the different characters to have a feel of their different personalities and story.