Facebook is a very popular platform where users get to connect with each other. One way of connecting is by sending out invited to your friends, invites to join a group that you find interesting and you’d like your friends to join and enjoy the fun.
It’s also common to see group invites from our friends on Facebook but we can ignore them and later find out it’s an important invite. If you lost a Facebook group invite, finding it can be hard and quite tricky. But this article tell you how to see group invites on Facebook .
How to see group invites on Facebook using your phone
There are few alternatives you can use to find a group invite you must have lost. And since millions of Facebook user’s access the app from their phones, here’s how to see a group invite on Facebook from your phone.
1. Search for the invite in your notifications
Usually if you receive an invite to a Facebook group, you will get a notification about it and you probably ignored it. You can go back to your notifications at any time and peruse through to find the invite. It should be somewhere there.
- Open Facebook on your phone either Android or iOS
- Click the bell icon at the top and scroll through the notifications to find the invite.
Once you locate the invite, click on it and select it. If you want to be part of the group or decline the invite, you can choose from there.
2. Check invites on the group
Sometimes this invite might not be there especially if you kept it a long time without honoring the invite and other notifications have overshadowed it. However Facebook allows users to see the group invites in one place
- Open Facebook on your Android or iOS
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top right corner
- Click on Group when the menu appears
- Tap the gear icon at the top right corner to open group settings
- Select Invites
All your invites can be found under “You’ve been invited to join these groups” .
3. Search the group’s name
Another way is to search the group’s name using the search box in Facebook.
- Open Facebook app
- Press the search icon at the top right corner and enter the group’s name
- If you have been invited to the group, you will see the invite and the name of the person that invited you below the group’s name. Choose if you want to accept the invitation or decline the invitation .
If you are using a computer to access Facebook, you have a larger screen than those using a phone so you have to browser through and follow the same steps as the steps listed above.
Browse through your notifications and find the invite or search the group name at the top which is the fourth icon from the left, you will find the invite under Recent Activity.