TogetherTube allows people watch videos and listen to audio files together, even if they are in different parts of the world. With TogetherTube, you can create a room and invite some friends and watch any video or listen to audio files together. It is totally free, no need to sign up or even pay money, it’s easy to use and promises lots of fun to its users.
Features of TogetherTube
- Rooms: TogetherTube has rooms, a user can create a room chat and invite friends to join in.
- Room settings: TogetherTube rooms have room settings and the room owner/creator can alter the settings to suit their needs. They can restrict other users ability to vote on videos, also block them from adding new video/audio file to the playlist.
- Voting system: This app allows a voting system which enables users to vote and add new videos/audio file to the playlist. The video/audio file with the most votes will be played.
- Synchronized player: Every user in the room sees video simultaneously and plays audio simultaneously, it shows as if you are sitting in front of the same computer. Once you have added everyone, and set up a playlist just hit play and it plays for everyone
- Chat: Every room has a built-in chat system. This enables users to chat while playing their video or listening to music.
What you can do with TogetherTube
TogetherTube can be used for myriads of function, even allows users to come up with their own ideas
- It allows users binge-watch favorite web shows, series,videos with friends. All they need do is create a room, fill the playlist with each episode; or allow users vote for their favorite episodes and the highest vote wins.
- Also a user can invite friends to listen to their newest music, or watch their latest video creation. All they need to do is add the video link to playlist and invite fans to TogetherTube room. Hit the “play” button, and play it to them to get their views about your newest creation.
- Many long distance relationship couples use TogetherTube web app to watch videos together and enjoy their movie night from wherever they are. They create a room and make it private for just the both of them, no other strangers allowed.
- Users can create room for them and their friends to hangout with cool music or videos while they chat. They can make their room permanent, making it easier to find themselves when they want to hangout. They can even organize a playlist and one person act as an internet dj while they hangout online.
- Students can use the app as a great tool for learning. If the lecturer assigns a group of students videos to watch or audio to listen to as an assignment and bring back report. Instead of waiting for when they will have the time and everyone is present, they can use the app to watch it together from wherever they are.
All these and more are some of the functions users can use this web app for, in addition to their own creative ideas.
How to register on TogetherTube
Signing up for TogetherTube is totally free. Follow these steps;
- Go to TogetherTube on your browser
- It shows you a create a room icon, click on create a room
- You will be taken to a viewing room
- Add your own videos or audio files from YouTube, Daily motion video, Vimenzo, or you can add the web address(URL) from any of the sites.
- You can search with search description and choose the site
- You will find the video or the file URL, locate them
- Click on the green thumbs up button
- The video will appear in the player’s window areas and starts playing immediately
- If it’s an Audio file, you can add from SoundCloud audio or any other place you can add from.
- Click on invite friends at the top bar to invite friends into the room
- A dialogue box will appear with a link, you can copy the link and share publicly with others provided the room is public
- You can activate the text chat option on the right side. Type message and hit enter to send to users in the room.
Any user that enters the room will see video or hear audio being played at the same time as other participants in the room. Members of the room are free to add other videos or audio files to the playlist; by search or pasting a URL, then clicking on the thumb up button. Members are also allowed to vote for their playlist,files with the most votes get bumped up the playlist.
Important things to note
- You can also adjust video quality by clicking on the arrow in the bottom right corner and adjust to any quality you want.
- You can set the room to a private room. To set to private
- Click on room settings button along the top
- A new page will open, uncheck public room option and click save.
- You can suffer hitches while trying to navigate the app. If it happens try refreshing the page or log in and log out again
- If it’s constantly buffing, lower the quality as this reduces the resolution but allows you watch the videos without hitches
- Also, note that if a user is encountering any hitches it won’t affect other users in the room
TogetherTube is one of the best web tools for watching videos with friends from YouTube or direct links videos. One thing that makes it stand out is the synchronization feature which enables room members watch videos and audios at the same time.
This article was published on July 7, 2022 7:41 p.m. WAT
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.