Miro board is a cloud-based digital whiteboard that serves as a collaboration tool, allowing teams to work together in real time on a shared canvas virtually. This tool is highly utilised by small or large firms, as well as teams that work remotely. They can use it for research, brainstorming, building customer journeys or mapping out story maps, and any other activity that requires collaboration.
Features of Miro Board
Miro Board has numerous features, they are inexhaustible. But here are a few:
- On the Miro digital whiteboard, up to 50M users can create mockups and schemes, write down their own ideas, and leave comments on other members’ input.
- There are preloaded templates one can use to create their own board which they can convert into a presentation slide or saved as a PDF. It houses templates which include everything you literally need to collaborate with others.
- Miro has an integrated library of icons, wireframes and other content users can utilise to create their content. In addition, users can also upload files, images and documents from their computer or Google Drive to the board.
- Miro can integrate effectively with other virtual working tools, such as Google Drive, Slack, Asana, Trello, SurveyMonkey, Hopin, etc.
- Miro’s price is fair as they offer a premium plan starting from $10 per user per month. This plan comes with a free Miro account, 3 editable boards and unlimited team members. The paid premium plan has extra features such as unlimited boards, private board sharing, unlimited external board viewers and commenters, advance attention management, custom templates, Single Sign-On, integrations to your other tools. You can choose to use Miro for free but it has lesser features.
- With Miro, you can work in tandem with your team in real time with no glitches. This will enable effective collaboration and success of the project being worked on.
- There is an option to share your board with others and receive feedback, you can also react to another person’s board,ask questions, add comments, and keep track of these comments by resolving them.
- The tagging feature allows you to notify team members of a post on the board, you can tag them via their email ID.
- The emoji option in the Apps window allows you place an emoji anywhere on the board to make collaboration more fun.
- Miro makes communicating with your team members effective and coordinated. The user interface is easy to navigate even for a newbie.
- There are templates, drawing tools, visualization tools like graphs and charts, you can bank on to create something of your own.
- Apart from the fact that one has to pay to use the board and all its beautiful features. There is really no con using Miro as everything seems to work out perfectly. Be rest assured you are getting value for your money.
How to use Miro
You can download the Miro app on your desktop, mobile or tablet. Or navigate through the cloud. The app versions offer limited features on mobile. Either use the cloud version or download the Miro Window/Mac OS version to your desktop.
After downloading, process to register and create a profile, follow these steps to do so:
- Open the app on your device
- Enter the information required.
- Click on Get started now.
- A new page will open, and as a free user, you are allowed to create and edit three boards.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your email address for verification.
- Give more details to set up the software for a more customised experience.
- After setting up your profile, proceed to set up a team in Miro.
- Invite teammates to start collaborating and select the area of focus. You can start from a blank canvas.
How to create a board on Miro Board
A board is what you will commonly use on Miro. It is a blank canvas you can add different features to:
- Log in to Miro and click the New board option.
- Click the Create a shared board option.
- Select a template or start with a blank board.
On the empty board, select your preferred frame type or size from the available options. Frames are what you use to demarcate areas on the board, structure, and manage content.
On your custom frame, you can add sticky notes, mind maps, text, or videos to it. When you have multiple frames on a board, you can zoom out to view all of them together.
How to connect with other apps on Miro
You can connect other apps to the Miro board for effective collaborative session. There are different apps supported by Miro you can use to enhance your experience. The collection of apps is found in the Marketplace, click the Get more apps option to add them to Miro. you can also add plugins.
Note: this feature is not available for free users. The apps will be marked with a Red lock icon to indicate its unavailability.
Using Miro’s APIs, SDK, or iFrame you can embed your Miro content on websites and blogs.
Miro can seem overwhelming with its many features. But as you use it more, you familiarize with the features and enjoy the experience. You can visit the Miro Academy and go through their training modules to know how to navigate Miro better.
Before you go…
Miro is a very effective collaborative tool for brainstorming, sharing ideas, and mind mapping with your team. It is amongst one of the best digital whiteboards out there. Read the next post Miro Board vs. Jamboard: Which is a better whiteboard?