Zoom is a popular video conferencing platform. With Zoom you can host or join online meetings , webinars, work related meetings held online, and a host of other activities that involve video calls. Just like every other program, Zoom has its own issues. Users may encounter some error codes such as the Zoom error 1001. We will be discussing the causes and solutions of this error in this article.
What causes the Zoom error 10004?
This error code is triggered when the Zoom client installed on your PC cannot automatically update itself. Other causes include:
- Issues with the internet connection.
- Antivirus or firewall interference.
- The Zoom server is experiencing an outage.
How to fix Zoom error 10004
Fix The Zoom error 10004 with these fixes:
#1. Reboot device
Simply rebooting the device you are using for zoom can help resolve the zoom error 10004.
#2. Restart your router
Also restarting your router can fix a bunch of issues, especially the eror code 10004. your Wi-Fi disappearing all of a sudden can cause this error, restarting your router will put it back to normal.
#3. Disable antivirus and firewalls
Firewalls and anti-virus can block certain applications from accessing the internet. Try disabling your antivirus or firewall to see if Zoom will function as normal. Also try to add Zoom as an exception in your firewall settings so that the app wont get restricted when you are trying to access the internet. This will go a long way to fix the error code 10004.
#4. Check your internet connection
Connect your device to a stable, fast, and reliable network. Test your internet speed using other online tools. If you realize your internet connection is slow or unstable, switch to another network that is better.
#5. Manually update Zoom
Another fix to try is to manually update Zoom to the latest available version. Visit the Zoom’s Download Center from your PC to update it. You can also check for new updates on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
#6. Reinstall Zoom app
If updating didn’t work. Reinstall the app from the Google Play store or the Apple app store. This will give the app a fresh start and help resolve the Zoom error 10004. Here’s how to;
- Launch the Zoom desktop application.
- Locate the App list and select Zoom.
- Click Uninstall Zoom.
- Select OK to confirm uninstalling.
- The Zoom app will be uninstalled.
- Restart your device.
Go ahead to download and reinstall the Zoom app from the Download Centre or from the Apple App store.
On the MacOS device
- First launch Finder.
- Then proceed to open the Applications folder.
- locate the Zoom application in the app folder, right click on it.
- Then left-click on Show Package Contents, a folder containing the Zoom app’s files will open.
- Open the Frameworks folder located in the contents folder.
- Find and double-click on the Zoom uninstaller application to uninstall the Zoom desktop app .
- Navigate to the top-left corner of the desktop window, then click the Apple icon and follow the on-screen prompts to reboot the device.
- When you reboot, then download and reinstall the Zoom app from the Download Center.
- Open Finder and move to the Applications folder.
- Find and drag the Zoom application to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation process.
- After uninstalling, download and install it again from the Zoom official website or your device app stores, such as Microsoft Store, Apple App Store, or Google Play Store.
- Open the Settings menu from the Start menu.
- Click the Apps & Features tab.
- Find and select Zoom in the list of apps that displays.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Follow the remaining prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
#7. Contact Zoom support
If none of these fixes works, you can reach out to Zoom support and have them fix the issue for you. You will be required to provide the following information to submit a support ticket here:
- What operating system you are using.
- What you were doing when you received this error.
- Meeting ID, if in a meeting or trying to join/start a meeting.
Have them ready before contacting Zoom.
That’s everything you need to know about solving the Zoom error 10004. Any of these fixes will help you to solve the issue.