You have probably noticed the new weather and news widget in Windows 10 taskbar, this is because you enabled automatic updates on Windows 10. It’s called “News and Interests,” Microsoft added to Windows 10 with the version 1909 update.
Steps on how to disable Windows 10 weather widget:
- Right-click any part of your computer’s taskbar on Windows 10.
- Select News and interests.
- Click Turn off.
In case you ever want to bring it back follow this steps:
- Right-click anywhere on the taskbar and select.
- Tap on News and interests.
- Tap on Show icon and text.
N/B: You’ll also notice an option called Show icon only, which will show just the small weather icon without the text next to it.
You can also chose to enable just the weather or the news widget, see steps below:
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Go to News and interests, followed by unchecking Open on hover.
This will keep the weather widget in the taskbar, but it won’t allow the enlarged news panel to open unless you click the widget.
I’ve been with Terecle right from inception in 2021, covering a wide range of tech topics, including consumer electronics, social media, gaming, etc.
I earned a BSc. Computer Science, and lots of tech professional certifications. Prior to working at Terecle, I worked as an IT support and System Administrator for lots of MSMEs businesses.