YouTube is a social media platform that allows users to create and upload video content on the platform. It allows users to watch, share, like and comment on any video of their choice; users can even upload video contents of their own. YouTube supports different video categories and content; this includes music videos, short video clips, news, short films, documentaries, movie trailers, Vlogs, live stream, etc. Users can access YouTube from their mobile phones, laptops, TVs, and any other streaming device.
Recently, many users face issues while trying to reply to comments on their YouTube account. They are getting the error message “we weren’t able to add your reply: please try again” whenever they try to reply to comments on a video they are watching on YouTube. This can be pretty frustrating!
Why am I seeing the “we weren’t able to add your reply: please try again” error message on YouTube?
They are few possible reasons users face this error while trying to add a reply on YouTube, they include:
- New Yoube Layout
- Corrupted cookies and cache memory
- Browser is outdated
How do I fix this issue?
You can fix the issue if you apply these troubleshooting steps:
1. Use Chrome extensions to change the layout of YouTube
Initially, YouTube provided an option to change the layout of the site to an older version, for users who did not like the new layout of YouTube. However, that option no longer exists, so your best bet is to use Chrome extension to change the new layout to the old one. Once you change to an old layout using Chrome extension, try adding a reply and see if the error message goes away. If not, try the next hack.
2. Clear browser cache memory and cookies
It is most likely that you are experiencing this error because corrupted browser cookies and cache memory are interfering with the website, making it unable to function well. Which means you cannot reply to comments on YouTube. If you clear cache memory and browser cookies, you will have a hitch-free user experience on YouTube.
Here’s how to clear cache memory and cookies on YouTube
- Go to Google Chrome, click the three vertical dots at the top right
- Select More Tools from the menu
- Select clear browsing data option
- Check under Basic Tab, and confirm the Time range
- Select browsing history, cookies, and other site data, or cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data. YouTube cache and cookies will be removed after that
Once that is done you need to sign in your YouTube account again when you visit the YouTube site.
On iPhone and Android
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile device
- Click the three vertical dot icon on the upper right corner of your chrome interface. On iPhone, this icon is located on the lower right corner.
- Tap on history, then proceed to clear browsing data
- Ensure you check the box next to the items you want to remove, including browsing history, cookies, site data, and cached images and files.
- Click Confirm to clear the selected data. On Android, tap the “clear data”button; on iPhone, tap on the “Clear Browsing Data” button.
Clearing browser cookies and cache memory might help you resolve the issue.
3. Ensure your browser is updated
The browser you are using might be an outdated version, this is the reason you are experiencing that error message each time you try to reply to a comment on YouTube. Check the browser update, and update it if it is not up to date.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall the browser
Uninstall the browser and reinstall it again. Reinstalling will reset all settings and clear bugs causing the issue.
5. Use another browser
The current browser you are using might not support some YouTube features. Simply try another browser and see if it stops the error from occurring. You can try Firefox, Brave, Safari, or any other reliable browser.