In this article, we will be detailing step-by-step process to cancel a Google One subscription.
You can cancel your Google One membership plan if you no longer want to use their services. Also, you can change your current plan, upgrade to a higher one, or downgrade your plan.
When you cancel Google One plans, you will be losing the benefits that comes with a Google One subscription. You will no longer make Google One payments in the future. You will also lose access to extra member benefits , access to additional storage; including your family members that share the plan with you. In addition to this; you will no longer have access to the help of Google experts via the Google One app and website.
How soon will the membership end?
You will not lose your membership immediately if you cancel your Google One plan, including your Google One storage and benefits. You can use the service until the end of the billing cycle.
How to cancel your Google One plan
- Open the Google One app on your Android phone
- Navigate to the top and tap Menu
- Select Settings and then click “Cancel membership”
- Tap Cancel membership again
- You will get a confirmation notification that your subscription is cancelled
If you signed up for Google One through the App Store on an iPhone or iPad before switching to an Android device: it will be difficult to adjust your membership or change your payment method in the app. You have to use the App store on another device to update your account and other info.
How to cancel Google One subscription on iPhone or iPad
Here’s how to cancel Google One subscription on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Google One app icon on your device
- Tap the three-line menu icon at the top left corner of your screen
- Click Membership plan at the top of the menu
- Select Manage plan at the bottom of the menu or next to plan details
- Then click Cancel membership at the bottom of the menu
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your account: Enter your Apple ID and password to continue.
- An Email will be sent to your account confirming that your subscription is cancelled
On a Web Browser
- Go to https://families.google.com
- Sign in (if prompted)
- Tap Settings in the menu on the left side of the window next to the gear icon.
- Then click Cancel Membership at the bottom of the page
- An email will be sent to your account confirming that your subscription has been cancelled
Instead of cancelling your membership, you can decrease your plans instead to other ones available.
- Open the search Google One app
- Click the triple line icon in the upper-left corner
- Select Membership plans
- Select the new plan you desire and then click Continue
On a web browser:
- Ensure you are logged in
- Then go to the search Google One website
- Click Plans on the left side
- Choose a new plan and select Upgrade
- Click Continue
Purchases on the Google storage plan are not refundable. The amount of storage you purchased is yours till the end of the subscription, even if you cancel it midway. There are some countries or regions, you can end your subscription immediately and receive a partial refund. But this does not apply to some other countries.
How to cancel your Google One plan if you switched to a new service
If you already have a Google One plan but purchased a new plan from another company. You have to delete your Google One plan from your Google Account, this enables you to keep everything you store in Google Photos, Drive, and Gmail. Only data in your Google One plan, like settings and support chats will be deleted.
How to leave the family group
If you do not want to share your new plan with the same family group, you can exit your family group. Simply ask your family group manager to cancel your current plan.
The Google One Plans are very beneficial, but we understand that you might decide to cancel your plans for some reason.