Airpods are very delicate and that why we have decided to guide you on how to clean your airpods the right way and efficiently. Aside from dirt, dust or particles clogging in your airpods or airpods case which is likely to affect the functionality of your airpods and airpods case, you wouldn’t like to go about with dirty airpods in your ear. We’ve also compiled an article on why you should use an airpod case cover. Let’s walk you straight on how clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods:
Cleaning your AirPods
- Don’t soak or submerge your airpods in water.
- Pay attention to the openings to avoid water or other liquid from getting into your airpods.
- Use soft, dry and lint-free cloths or wipes — don’t use toilet rolls, tissue or cotton wool.
- Don’t use sharp objects to avoid scratches.
- If you used any cleaning agents — soaps or detergents, wipe your airpods clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth and don’t use them until they’re completely dry.
Cleaning the cushions and headband of your AirPods
- Mix approximately1 tsp. (5 mL) of liquid laundry detergent into 1 cup (250 mL) of water.
- Remove the cushions from the ear cups.
- When you cleaning the headband, hold or place your AirPods upside down to prevent liquid from flowing into the headband attachment point.
- Dip a lint-free cloth into the soapy water solution, wring it out gently, and rub the cloth on the cushions and headband gently for at least 1 minute each.
- Wipe the cushions and headband clean with a separate cloth that’s slightly dampened with fresh water.
- Dry the cushions and headband with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth, making sure to remove any excess moisture.
- Lay your AirPods flat to dry for at least a day before you reattach the cushions and use them again.
Clean the case of your AirPods
Clean the case with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. You can slightly dampen the cloth with isopropyl alcohol. Remember to allow the case to dry before use and don’t use abrasive materials to clean your airpods case.
Was this article helpful?