Xbox gives you the ability to connect and chat with your friends and even other people playing the same game with you. But, the basic challenge is that anyone can send you a text message including spam messages on Xbox without being your friend and you must have blocked one or two persons. This article will guide you on how to block (that’s if you don’t already know) and how to unblock someone on Xbox.
How To Block and Unblock Someone on Xbox One and Series X&S
- Power on your Xbox console, press the Xbox button on your controller.
(A guide will be opened on your Xbox console.)
- Select the People option and then locate and select the players you’ll like to block.
- When you are done selecting the players, visit their profile and select Block.
- You can also unblock the person, by visiting the profile and then clicking on Unblock.
How To Block Spam Messages on Xbox
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Scroll and select Parties and Chat.
- Then, select Message Requests.
- You will see messages from people who aren’t your friends on Xbox
- Select the conversation and select the More Actions button and then select View Profile.
- On the person’s Xbox profile you can choose between Report or Block.
How To Block and Unblock People on Xbox with Xbox App
- Download and install the Xbox app for Android on Play Store or iOS on App Store.
- Sign in with your Xbox account in the app.
- On the search bar, type in the person’s gamertag and then select the profile.
- Click on the hamburger 3 dots menu on their profile.
- In the options list you will see the Block, click on it to block the person.
How To Block and Unblock Messages from People on Xbox App
- Open Xbox app and sign-in.
- Select Chats followed by Message Requests.
- Select the conversation that you want to block.
- Click on the person’s profile picture and select More Actions, then select Block
Was this article helpful?