It is possible to hide your Airtel number while calling someone . Some people hide their number on purpose. While some people don’t even know their number is hidden till they are notified about it.
In this article, I will detail how to unhide an Airtel number before making a call.
The code #131# when inputted before a number will keep the number hidden on the receiver’s end. If you fail to input this code before calling a number, your Airtel number won’t be hidden on the other end.
Asides the code method, you can undo the setting through your mobile device.
How to unhide Airtel number on Android
- Open your Android device.
- Proceed to Settings.
- Select the option Wireless & networks.
- Tap on Call Settings to find your Airtel SIM listed with options.
- To unhide your number, click Additional Settings.
- Tap on Caller ID, to reveal three options — Network Default, Hide Number, Show Number.
- Choose Show number.
- Network default option is the default setting on all devices. Leaving it on Network default will inherit your service provider’s Caller ID settings which can either hide or show your number. Most often than not, it is to show your number.
How to unhide Airtel number from iPhone
Unhiding your number on iOS is a much easier step than on an Android device. Follow these steps to unhide Airtel number on iPhone:
- Open your iPhone.
- Select settings from the home screen
- Click on Phone, and Select Show My Caller ID.
- There is a toggle button on display, use it to activate or deactivate the feature.
Voila! It is done, as simple as that.
Follow these easy steps and successfully unhide your Airtel number before calling anyone. Using hidden numbers to call people looks suspicious, and not everyone will readily pick your calls.