It is possible to hide your 9mobile number while calling someone. There are different reasons people hide their number; they might want to remain anonymous or they hide it for security purpose. While others might not even know their number is hidden till they are notified about it.
In this article, I will give a step-by-step detail on how to unhide your 9mobile number before making a call.
How to unhide 9mobile number
The code #131# when inputted before a number will keep the number hidden on the receiver’s end. Therefore, to unhide your number before calling a number, you have to do away with the code.
Asides the code method, you can undo the setting through your mobile device.
How to Unhide 9mobile number on Android
- Switch on your device.
- Proceed to Settings.
- Select the option ‘Wireless & networks’.
- Tap on ‘Call Settings’ to find your 9mobile SIM listed with options.
- To unhide your number, click ‘Additional Settings’.
- Tap on Caller ID, to reveal three options — Network Default, Hide Number, Show Number.
- Click ‘Show number’ to ensure your number is visible on the receiver’s end.
Network default option is the default setting on all devices. Leaving it on Network default will inherit your service provider’s Caller ID settings which can either hide or show your number. Most often than not, it is to show your number.
How to Unhide 9mobile number on iPhone
Unhiding your number on iOS is a much easier step than on an Android device. Follow these steps to unhide 9mobile number on iPhone:
- Open your iPhone.
- Select settings from the home screen
- Click on Phone, and select Show My Caller ID.
- There is a toggle button on display, use it to activate or deactivate the feature.
Voila! It is done, as simple as that.
Before you go…
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.