If you have been using a Google pixel device, you must have seen Android System Intelligence from play store. It’s a background app that is very useful and provides lots of features for your Android mobile device. It was formerly known as Device Personalization Services but now it is known as Android System Intelligence.
Android System Intelligence is a system component within a private computer core. It powers intelligent features on your Android device and at the same time keeps your data private. Android System Intelligence offers different features that helps you use your phone better.
It uses system’s permissions to provide smart predictions for a better user experience. You can download the APK from Google play store (which happens automatically for some device) or you download from the official website.
Android System Intelligence does not act alone, it collaborates with private compute services. Private Compute Services is a machine learning features that has direct access to network. To help the server, Android system intelligence receives update to improve Android features while private Compute Services provides a secure bridge to the cloud.
Through the private Compute Services, Android System Intelligence can preserve your privacy with techniques like federated learning and analytics to improve the performance of the features.
Here are some of the beautiful features Android System Intelligence offers;
1. Screen attention: Screen won’t go off if you look at it. It uses the face camera to detect when you are not looking at the screen so it can turn it off.
Smart auto rotate which detects the current position your phone and changes the phone orientation to suit the position.
2. Notifications Management: With the help of this feature, action buttons are added to notifications. It can help you add a contact or track a package.
3. Smart text selection across the system makes it easy to select and act on texts. Copying an address will lead you to Google maps or you can simply save it.
4. Linkify Texts: Texts in apps will be turned to links.
5. App predictions in the launcher suggests apps you need next.
NB: Some of these features might not be available In some device.
To function properly, Android System Intelligence in collaboration with Private Compute Services collects crash logs, diagnostics and device identifier. This data is collected for the purpose of application analytics like monitoring the performance and quality of the app.
However, users can control their data by setting up analytics data collection. To control your data follow the steps below:
- Go to phone’s Settings app> Tap Privacy> Select Usage and Diagnostics.
- To clear device data: Open your phone’s Settings app> Tap Privacy> Select Android System Intelligence> Clear data.
If you experience any error while using the service; report the issue in the Android Beta Feedback app (You should have this if you run Android Beta 12 on your device). Once you report, device will restart automatically to clear the error.
You definitely need Android System Intelligence in order to enjoy the beautiful features that comes with a smartphone; these features helps to make using your smartphone easier .