This article will guide you on how to fix your Fire Stick keeps restarting problem, so you don’t get to miss your favourites
Why Does My Fire Stick Keep Restarting?
If you get to notice that your Amazon Fire Stick keeps turning itself off and then on again (restarting or rebooting).
- The most common reason your Amazon Fire Stick keeps restarting is that there’s a power issue. Use official accessories (power cables, USB cables etc. ) else Fire Stick will keep restarting if it doesn’t receive enough power.
- Hardware or software issues can make Fire Stick to keep restarting on it’s own.
What To Do If My Fire Stick Keeps Restarting?
Here are the ways we have carefully selected to aid you can stop your Fire Stick from rebooting frequently.
- Cross check if you are using the correct power block with your Amazon Fire Stick. Amazon Fire Stick gets stuck in a restart loop if you aren’t using the correct power block. Note that Amazon recommends a 5.25v, 5W power block.
- Disconnect and reconnect your Amazon Fire Stick entirely from your TV and power source, wait for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting. Disconnecting and reconnecting a device can sometimes remove a software related error.
- Remove hardware extensions such as USB extensions etc. as extensions can also cause this problem. Directly connect Fire Stick to the TV and see if the problem will be solve.
- Disconnect anything you’re not currently using, such as HDMI devices to see if that might resolve the issue.
- Use the remote to restart your Fire Stick to clear any cached data or file that might cause the restart. Pres and Hold the Play and Select button at the same time until you get a restart message on your screen.
- Inspect your cables to be sure they’re not worn out. You can replace the cables to be sure, the problem is not from the cables.
- Make sure you use a supported HDCP and if you’re using a TV that doesn’t support HDCP, it could cause your Fire Stick to reboot repeatedly.
- Update your Fire Stick. Fire Stick can keep restarting if it’s running on outdated firmware or software. Remember to keep your Fire Stick updated to prevent issues or security problem.
- Factory reset your Amazon Fire Stick. If your Fire Stick has become corrupted for any reason, it won’t work correctly. If you can, try a factory reset to get it back to factory specs.
|Note: When you reset your Fire Stick, you’ll lose all the apps you’ve downloaded. Also, write out the usernames and passwords you’ll need to get connected.
Why does my Fire Stick keep blinking off and on?
If the lights on your Fire Stick keeps blinking off and on, it either Fire Stick is in setup mode, and once you finish the setup process, the lights will stop flashing or a video signal problem, the HDMI connection, or the refresh rate or resolution.
To solve the problem, replace your HDMI cable, go to Settings > Display and Sounds > Display > Video Resolution on your Fire Stick and adjust the resolution settings to your TV compatible resolution.
Why does Hulu keep restarting on my Firestick?
Several issues can cause Hulu to restart especially when streaming with Fire Stick. To fix Hulu restarting on Fire Stick, you’ll have to restart the app by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu > Restart. If the problem persist, try restarting the Fire Stick and clear the cache.
Why does my Fire Stick keep restarting when using Spotify?
Check your Network (Wi-Fi) connection and make sure you’re not in airplane mode and you are not out of internet. Lastly, be sure your Spotify app and Fire Stick is updated to the latest firmware or software.
I’ve been with Terecle right from inception in 2021, covering a wide range of tech topics, including consumer electronics, social media, gaming, etc.
I earned a BSc. Computer Science, and lots of tech professional certifications. Prior to working at Terecle, I worked as an IT support and System Administrator for lots of MSMEs businesses.