iMessage is the official message app on your iPhone. You can send several text messages to another person through this app.
But sometimes mistakes occur, you can send the wrong text to someone, or send a text to the wrong person, or you didn’t type correctly before sending. However this article unravels if you will be able to delete messages from both ends if this occurs or not.
To delete messages on iPhone is a walk in the park, just follow the below:
- Open the messages app
- The message list will open up, swipe left on the desired message you want to delete
- Tap on delete icon ,desired message will be deleted from the list
How do you delete other people’s iMessage
You can delete a specific message you sent to another person and delete them if you don’t want to see them again.
- Open the desired iMessage chat
- Long press the message of the person you want to delete their messages and tap More
- Tap the delete icon from the bottom left corner, tap delete message option to confirm deletion
How to delete messages on iPhone from both sides
The big question is, when you delete a message, does it delete for the other person too?
The answer is No, it doesn’t. When you delete a message on your iPhone, it’s only deleted from your own end; The other person can still see it in their inbox.
Unless you delete the message before it sends to the other person. You can attempt to delete a message before it’s sent to the other person,the other person won’t receive the text that way.
Or if you have physical access to the other person’s phone you can delete the message from their phone.
If you have access to the other person’s iPhone:
- Go to the message app
- Open the message in the message app on your iPhone
- Tap and hold the desired text you will like to delete
- Tap on More option
- Tap on the delete icon
- Tap delete message option to confirm.
How to delete messages from iPhone but not iCloud
To do this,turn on the message backup on iCloud to do so:
- Then go to settings app
- Click on Apple account from the top
- Click the iCloud option
- Toggle on the message option to start syncing your messages on iCloud.
Can I delete messages for everyone?
No you cannot delete messages from message app.
There is no way you can delete messages on iPhone from both sides. The best thing to do if you send a wrong text is to delete from your end and then apologize to the other party for sending the wrong text.
This article was first published on August 26, 2022 8:20 p.m. WAT
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.