Getting to know that your number is displaying unknown number or private number when calling anyone or your loved ones can feel frustrating. This happens most times when you enable the Hide Caller ID on your phone and forgot to turn it back to Show Caller ID or Network Default.
Sometime that might not be the case because, if you use the #31 USSD code while dialing a phone number, you Caller ID will be hidden.
In this article, we will list and explain all the steps you need to unhide your phone number, be it MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9mobile.
In This Article
#1. How to Unhide Number on MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9mobile for Android Users
To unhide your number on MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9mobile on your Android device, you need to access your caller ID settings by, opening the Settings app, tap on ‘Call,’ then ‘More,’ and then ‘Caller ID.’
From there, you can enable or disable caller ID information as desired.
- Open the ‘Settings‘ app on your Android device.
- Look for the ‘Call settings’ or ‘Additional settings’ option.
- Tap on ‘Caller ID’ or a similar option.
- Choose the ‘Show my caller ID’ setting to display your number when making calls.
If you are using Android 13 and higher:
- Go to ‘Settings app‘ on your Android device
- Look for ‘Apps‘ and tap on it.
- Tap on ‘System app settings‘.
- Now tap on ‘Call settings‘ and you will see ‘Advanced settings‘, tap on it.
- Look for ‘Caller ID‘ and tap on it, your SIM(s) listed.
- Tap on the SIM you want to unhide your number.
- Tap on the second ‘Caller ID‘ option, you will see three options — Network Default, Hide Number, Show Number, Choose Show number. Network default is the default setting on all devices. Leaving it on Network default will inherit your service provider’s Caller ID settings which can either hide or show your number.
#2. How to Unhide Number on MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9mobile for iPhone Users
To unhide your number on MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9mobile on your iPhone, you can adjust your Caller ID settings by going to the Phone section in Settings. Turn on ‘Show My Caller ID’ option, and your number will no longer be displayed as private or unknown number when making calls.
Follow the steps below to unhide your MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9mobile number on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on ‘Phone’ from the list of available options.
- Look for the ‘Show My Caller ID’ feature and tap on it.
- Toggle the switch to turn the feature on.
#3. Don’t Use the Private Number or Unknown Number USSD Code
If you don’t want to hide your number then don’t use this USSD code #31# before the number you want to dial, otherwise it will keep your number hidden and of course you might likely not get the call answered as most people doesn’t answer calls from Private or Unknown numbers.
Before you go…
I’ve been with Terecle right from inception in 2021, covering a wide range of tech topics, including consumer electronics, social media, gaming, etc.
I earned a BSc. Computer Science, and lots of tech professional certifications. Prior to working at Terecle, I worked as an IT support and System Administrator for lots of MSMEs businesses.