Getting to know that your number is displaying unknown number or private number when calling anyone can feel frustrating. This happens most times when you enable the hide caller ID on your and forgot to disable it or when you used a USSD code while dialing a phone number.
This article will help you to unhide your number on any network. Follow our guides below:
1. How To Unhide Number on Android
You may have mistakenly or probably hid your number for one or more reasons and later finds it difficult to unhide your number. Here is a quick fix on how to unhide number on Android:
- Go to Settings on your Android device
- Tap on Wireless & networks
- Now Tap on Call Settings and you will see your SIM(s) listed with options
- On the SIM you want to unhide your number, Tap on Additional Settings
- Tap on Caller ID, you will see three options — Network Default, Hide Number, Show Number, Choose Show number.
Network default is the default setting on all devices. Leaving it on Network default will inherit your service provider’s Caller ID settings which can either hide or show your number.
2. How To Unhide Number on iPhone
Unhiding your number on iOS doesn’t require much steps as in the case of Android. Here is a quick fix on how to unhide number on iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open Settings, from the home screen
- Tap on Phone, then Select Show My Caller ID. Use the toggle button to activate or deactivate the feature.
That’s all you need to unhide your number on iPhone.
3. Don’t Use the Private Number or Unknown Number USSD Code
If you don’t want to hide your number then don’t use this USSD code #31# before the number you want to dial, otherwise it will keep your number hidden and of course you might likely not get the call answered as most people doesn’t answer calls from Private or Unknown numbers.