The Shark Robot vacuums are very effective in cleaning. However users have complained of the Shark Robot Error 2 which pops up while using the vacuum.
This article discusses the causes of the shark robot error 2, and how to fix it.
Causes of the “Shark Robot Error 2” ?
The error message on Shark Robot can pop up in a few different ways, however the causes are usually the same.
Many factors can cause the shark robot error. There can be issues with the Shark Robot software, or hardware problems, or a clogged brush roller.
Here are common reasons that can trigger “ Shark Robot Error 2‘ in your Shark robot vacuum:
#1. The Roller brush is clogged
Some dirts i.e dust,hair; can get clogged around the brush roller making the gear unable to spin. Also if The roller brush is broken or malfunctioning, it prompts the error.
#2. Full bin
If the bin is full, the robot cannot return to base. Thereby causing this error on Shark Robot
#3. Driver wheels are stuck/faulty
If you have been using the robot regularly for a long time, without maintenance. The driver wheels will get stuck and unable to spin.
#4. Side brushes are stuck.
The side brushes can also get stuck in the process of using, which prompts the shark robot error 2
#5. The wheel motor encoder is damaged
This is also another cause of the error, we will discuss how to fix it in this article.
#6. Software issue
Nothing might be wrong with the major components, the software might be having issues thereby causing the error.
How to fix Shark Robot Error 2?
Step #1. Reboot Shark Robot vacuum cleaner
The Shark robot uses an operating system that can crash if there is a software-related bug. If the vacuum faces an internal software error, it misbehaves and causes the error.
Reboot your vacuum as a first step towards eliminating the error, this will help eliminate every software glitch and keep it running again error free.
- Switch the power button off
- Wait for at least 10 seconds to turn it back on
- Shark robot has been rebooted
Try using it again to check if the problem has been fixed. If it is not fixed, try the next step.
Step #2. Robot side brushes should be cleaned
If the side brushes are clogged with dirt, the wheel will be unable to spin, and this error occurs. Here’s how to clean the side brushes:
- Click the Power button to switch robot off
- The shark robot should be flipped upside down
- From the base, grab the plastic tab of the side brushes
- Lift up the plastic tab, use a small piece of cloth(preferably microfibre) to clean the brush base properly
- Then return the plastic base after cleaning it
- Start up the vacuum and resume cleaning activities
Step #3. Check and unclog the roller brush
The roller brush is very instrumental, it prepares the floor for cleaning, lifts dirt and debris into the vacuum path. The roller brush has a series of bristles that rotate as the vacuum moves forward. When it becomes clogged by hair and tangles, it prevents the robot from cleaning the surface properly. And prompts the error , but you can fix it by unclogging and cleaning the roller brush.
Here’s how to do it:
- Use a screw to unscrew the brush roll
- Gently pull out the brush roll for cleaning
- Clear out any dirt such as hair tangles from the roller brush , also clean off dust from the inside area
- Apply some grease to the rollers
Then reinstall the brush in its place, and reboot your vacuum once again. Try using it again to see if the error is off.
Step #4. Clean the driver wheels
You can clean the driver wheels to see if it eliminates the error:
- Use the screwdriver to unscrew the wheels
- Pull the wheels out by grabbing with your two hands
- Detach the connector from the wheels
- Clean the wheels properly
- And put them back to their place
- Try rotating the wheels to see if something is blocking it, remove it if there are any
Use the vacuum for your cleaning and see if the error goes away
Step #5. Empty the Bin
If the bin is empty, it can lead to this error. Clear the bin and clean the bin filter to eliminate the error.
- Tap the button that removes the dirt bin
- Press and hold the release button from the lid
- To empty the bin
- Remove any remaining dirt from the bin using something like a comb
- Then remove the bin filter by pulling its tab
- Use a cloth to clean the bin filter
- Wash the bin, but do not wash the bin filter
- Dry the bin, and reinsert into the robot
Then try using the vacuum again, the error can disappear from here.
Step #6. Replace broken parts
Check and see if any of the parts is broken, you will need to replace it because it might be prompting the error. You can Replace the roller brush, side brush or the wheel if it is damaged. You can buy some of the parts online, like on Amazon.
You can give an experienced repairer to fix the parts, if you haven’t budgeted buying new parts for it.
You can also contact Shark Robot customer care, if your warranty is still valid.
Step #7. Reset Shark Robot
If you have software complications, you can reset the vacuum cleaner using the app. Connect your mobile phone to the internet and have the app on your device.
- Open the SharkClean app
- Navigate to App settings
- Tap on factory reset
- The robot will start resetting automatically, it will take approximately five minutes to complete reset
- After resetting, start a new cleaning session to see if resetting has eliminated the error
With these few methods, you can eliminate the Shark Robot Error 2, and enjoy the vacuum cleaner error free.
This article was first published on February 14 10:40 a.m. WAT
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.