Google Calendar is an app that allows you to create and manage all your events, schedules, and reminders. Apple Watch on the other hand is a popular smart watch from the Apple brand that allows you to monitor heart rate, play songs, set alarms, attend calls, and many more.
But a Google Calendar and Apple Watch collaboration is not yet happening, when it is, we will update you. However, there are other options, let’s discuss them.
Since the Google Calendar Apple Watch collaboration is not yet a reality, you can sync Google Calendar with the Apple Calendar and manage all the Google Calendar events from your Apple Watch.
How to receive Google calendar notifications on your Apple Watch
First step is to pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone;
- Press the side button to Turn On your Apple Watch.
- Keep your watch and iPhone close to each other.
- Select continue on the menu on the iPhone screen.
- Keep your Apple Watch in the frame box displayed on the iPhone screen.
- Select Pair Manually.
- Click the ( i ) icon on the Apple Watch.
- Select Apple Watch name on your iPhone.
- The Apple Watch displays a six-digit code on the screen.
- Proceed to enter the code on the iPhone and click the option Set Up as New Apple Watch.
Pairing will start. Once pairing is complete sync your Google Calendar to your iPhone.
To sync Google Calendar to your iPhone;
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then Scroll down and select Calendar.
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Google from the list that appears.
- Sign in with your Google account information.
- Toggle Calendar to On.
- Select Save in the top right corner.
After the sign in is completed, and you have toggled Calendar to begin syncing, your events may not show up immediately. Wait for about 15-20 minutes for sync to complete then start using Google Calendar on Apple Watch.
Google Calendar on Apple Watch
As long as your Apple Watch and iPhone are paired, Google Calendar notifications will appear on the watch. If you are syncing Google Calendar for the first time, syncing will take up to 15-20 minutes.
Best alternatives for Google Calendar Apple watch
If you want a Calendar app for your Apple Watch Instead of syncing to Google. There are other alternative apps you can use
- 24me Smart Personal Assistant – Easy-to-use app that puts everything in one place.
- Calendars – Planner & Calendar – this app connects your calendar and tasks, you can also add multiple calendars from Google, iCloud, or Outlook as well as Google Tasks and Reminders.
- Fantastical Calendar – a calendar and tasks app, it has features like natural language parsing, beautiful Day, Week, Month, and Year views, and others
- Calendars 5 – this calendar has the natural language input just type in “Meet John at Starbucks on Sunday” and Calendars 5 will create the event for you.
- Tiny Calendar: Planner & Tasks – Tiny Calendar is an intuitive smart calendar, it is more accessible, powerful and reliable on your iPhone and iPad. With Tiny Calendar, access and manipulate your google calendar events and tasks more easily without stress.
- Timepage by Moleskine Studio – this app is capable of combining your events, maps, contacts and weather into one.
These apps can all be found and downloaded from the App Store.
If you are asking if there is a Google calendar Apple watch collaboration, the answer is No! However, the alternatives discussed in this article will help you use a calendar on your Apple watch.
Any of the apps mentioned in this article is a great option, you can choose to use any of them as an alternative calendar until the Google Calendar is available on Apple watch.
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.