Launchbox is an app that helps gamers launch games on their PCs or consoles. There are quite other game launchers and launchbox stands out as one of the best.
Launchbox is one of more advanced launchers, as it can handle any type of game even old PC games. It is the one stop shop for gaming on your PC as it is capable of featuring modern and historical games.
Launchbox was built initially as an attractive frontend to DoSBox, but now it has expanded and now supports modern PC games as well as console platforms.
Launchbox is constantly updating and adds new features and improvements with each update. Bugs and other issues are also fixed to give users a better gaming experience.
The latest version we expect is the version 12.15. it is configurable if you like to customize settings, there are lots of them to suit your needs.
Everything to know about Launchbox Xbox digital integration
New features has been added to the latest version of launchbox, some of these features were carried over from the previous version 12.4
- Platform details are made available in LaunchBox. Supported themes will display Category,platform, playlist and filter details within the Game Details panel, if no game is selected.
- Platforms can now be removed from the Platform Categories view and 100 new platform has been added.
- GetControlBindingConverter that lets users get the exact binding for an action has been added to the latest version.
- Newest version can now filter by storefront using the on-the-fly filter
- You can now use region field on the fly filter with games that have multiple regions. This is because it has been reworked to make gaming easier.
- Controller Compatibility option has been added to Big box in order to improve compatibility with non-gamepad controllers. This option disables binding axis which are usually thrown off by pedals and wheels.
- LaunchBox themes can use theme specific media, this can be done by creating similar folder structure used in Big Box themes.
- A warning has been added to the MAME Fullest Import Wizard, this warning shows up when the game points to a directory that doesn’t contain enough files for a full set.
There are also few fixes that has been done in the newest version;
- Rare error caused by a corrupted Metadata.xml that would crash the app when searching for a game in the Add/Edit Game window has been fixed
- Returning to a Platform or Game view in big box, videos would sometimes not resume correctly. This has been fixed
- Error showing when selecting a player in the MAME Leaderboard inside of Big Box while using the Old Default theme has been fixed
- Platform Categories filter was not always using all available game videos when the fallback option was enabled in Big box. This has also been fixed.
- Some Big Box theme provided images weren’t correctly being used, this also has been fixed.
- Epic Games Import Wizard is once again working
- Repairing or Updating a theme that is in use via the LaunchBox Themes Manager doesn’t apply the theme correctly, it’s no longer going to be an issue as it has been fixed
- Corrected Platform Details strings inside of Big Box
- A Popup within Big Box’s Themes Manager was not focusing properly on the selected item within its list
- In Big Box, the Platform Marquee was not loading when returning from a Games view, this has been fixed too.
This new improvements will give you a better user experience while gaming. This is why Launchbox is a good pick if you are looking for best game launchers.