If you recently noticed that your Steam icon is missing on the taskbar, you might be scrambling for an easy fix option especially if you are a gamer.
Many gamers may find that their Steam icon has gone missing from the taskbar. Well, there is nothing to worry about, we will show you how to fix it.
What is Steam?
Steam is the ultimate platform for playing, discussing, creating, and sharing games online.
The app is developed by Valve Corporation and offers users access to a wealthy library of titles from main publishers and independent developers alike.
Steam is designed with lots of titles and user-friendly features and maintains its status as one of the best PC game stores.
Reasons Why the Steam Icon Not Showing On the Taskbar?
There are various reasons for Steam Not Showing up in the taskbar. Some of these are:
- Due to corrupted icon files
- Could be that they have an overloaded icon cache files
- Due to corrupted game files and more.
How to Fix the Steam Icon Not Showing In Taskbar Issue:
Below are the processes to follow:
- Restart your Windows computer
- Check to ensure that the Steam client is updated.
- Get the latest version of your graphics drivers.
- Restart Windows Explorer
- Right-click the Start button
- Tap on Task Manager
- Then, right-click on the Windows Explorer process and select End task.
- Next, select the “Processes tab” In the Task Manager
- Tap on Run new task.
- Then, type “explorer.exe.” and Click OK
- Click on Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Run the Steam client
- Next, locate the game with the missing icon, when found “Right-click on the game”
- Tap on Properties
- Go to the Local Files tab
- Select verify integrity of game files and allow the process to complete
Once you have followed through all the processes above, check if the issue of Steam not showing up in the taskbar has been resolved.
- First, Launch the Steam client.
- Select Steam Library.
- Then, right-click on the game that has disappeared
- Go to Manage and tap on Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall again to confirm your choice
- Next, reinstall the game.
- Check the box for the Create Desktop shortcut.
- Proceed to Install the shortcut created by Steam.
Install the Steam Icon on the Taskbar
- Launch the game you wish to add.
- Then, Right-click on the taskbar
- Select Taskbar preferences a Customize button will open up.
- Tap on the button to open a separate window.
- Then, find your game
- Click on the Pin to the taskbar button
- The game will have been added to your taskbar and will appear, check to see.
Before you go…
If the problem persists, though its rather unlikely, we recommend a fresh redownload of the Steam app. Though, you may lose your game progress with this approach.
How to Fix Error Code E84 Steam
If you are experiencing error code E84 on Steam, here is a quick solution from Terecle.
Howdy? I’m Kani, an editor at Terecle.com. My job keeps me writing, testing gears, and editing reviews of laptops, and desktop PCs, how to proffer solutions to tons of personal tech problems. I also do whatever (legally) necessary at any time 24 hours permit; to cover the consumer tech world as an editor, and analyst since 2019.