You may have hide your MTN number, either knowingly for security reasons or unknowingly while calling someone.
Join me as I take you through the steps on how to unhide an MTN number from your mobile device.
How to unhide MTN number
A lot of people find it difficult to pick calls from private numbers, as they suspect scam. There are codes you have to dial on your MTN line to hide your MTN number, and there are steps to take to unhide them.
How to unhide MTN number on Android
- Open your device and go to Settings.
- Select Wireless & networks.
- Tap on Call Settings to find your MTN SIM listed with options.
- To unhide your number, select Additional Settings.
- Tap on Caller ID, to reveal three options — Network Default, Hide Number, Show Number, Choose Show number.
- Network default option is the default setting on all devices. Leaving it on Network default will inherit your service provider’s Caller ID settings which can either hide or show your number. Most often than not, it is show your number.
How to unhide MTN number on iPhone
Un- hiding your number on iOS is a much easier step than on an Android device. Follow these steps to unhide MTN number on iPhone:
- Open your iPhone.
- Select settings from the home screen.
- Click on Phone, and Select Show My Caller ID.
- There is a toggle button on display, use it to activate or deactivate the feature.
Voila! It is done, as simple as that.
To hide your MTN number before a call, use the code #31# before the number, which means you should not use this code before dialing a number so that it doesn’t keep your number hidden. As you know, most people avoid calls from private numbers. You don’t want to risk that especially if it is an emergency.
Third-party call apps like True caller help you block spam calls, if you get any.
Here’s all you need to know about un-hiding your MTN number before a call, follow the steps judiciously to make it a success.
I am an experienced tech and innovation writer. It’s been 3 years since I started writing at Terecle, covering mostly Consumer electronics and Productivity. In my spare time, I enjoy reading and learning the latest happenings around the tech ecosystem.